Thursday, June 30, 2011

Canada Day

I feel it is time once again to put in my two cents.
Canada is a wonderful to live , raise a family, and watch my grandchildren grow!
What makes it such a place for me? The people of course. Not all of them, but the vast majority!
The diversity and the right to choose as a result are some of the cornerstones of that process. Most people I meet are accommodating when I try to understand the myriad of cultures within the GTA (greater Toronto area). It's amazing when you display some respect for others how they will reciprocate!
If my parents had decided not to immigrate in the late 50's I would have been raised within a largely WASP society. That would have, perhaps, reduced my exposure to the rest of the world.
I'm thankful for the choices they made and the ability of Canadians to assimilate them into their society. Without it I might not have had a rounding of my experience. Hopefully it has been for the better.
We all have our problems despite how highly we think of ourselves, how we allow others to govern us and walk all over us, but as a society, generally, we meld into one great mix!
Thank you Canada.

No comments: