Monday, June 6, 2011

Canada Post

They're going on strike again! Each time they do it becomes a little less relevant in the digital age. So the bills have to figure out how to get their income from us! I don't get paid through the mail, I don't have to pay bills through the mail, I can't remember the last time I had to purchase a stamp, so how exactly is it supposed to cause me any discomfort.
It used to be an essential service a decade ago but is quickly slipping into a quaint custom. I was surprised to learn that the US had cut back it's service to 5 day delivery just recently! We could easily reduce our delivery to a 4 day cycle and continue incrementally into nonexistence, with of course, the resulting savings.
Vinyl records, betamax,vhs, video rental stores, brick and mortar stores have all learned to their sad demise what Canada Post is in the process of discovery. Change is inevitable! Job are not eternal or guaranteed! Everyone and evrything is disposable!

No comments: